- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God; this we believe, teach, and confess. (2 Timothy 3: 16-17 and 2 Peter 1:21)
- Every child is a unique creation of our Heavenly Father with an individual pattern and timing of growth, as well as individual personality, learning style, and family background.
- Every child is in need of developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, knowing Him as Lord and Savior.
- We reflect Christ’s love in word and deed, through behavior and charitable acts, in order to build bridges to others and connect them to Christ. (Matthew 28: 19-20a)
- Teachers of children are guides, facilitators, and helpers responsible for preparing an environment that will provide stimulation, challenging materials, and different activities for students.
- A child requires cognitive, emotional, and social knowledge and physical adeptness through well designed curriculum, technology, hands on interaction with activities involving objects and people, in a disciplined classroom setting where all children can learn.
- We value an environment that strengthens families, where Biblical values are taught, nurtured, and lived out in everyday life. (Act 2: 42-47)
- Finally, an integral part of our ministry is to respond to your family needs and provide you with spiritual and emotional support. We strive to create opportunities for families to come together in fellowship, and to encourage you in your role as a parent.
The boys and girls of FGS go to chapel every Wednesday. Each year chapel is based off of a year-long theme. This year’s theme is “Under Construction—we are God’s Workmanship created in God’s image.” Each week we will learn about the following; tools to build with, examples of Biblical builders, what we build to be (thankful, anxious for nothing, content, full of hope and ready to give an answer), maintenance of our Christian faith, and each week we will learn about our Master Builder, Jesus Christ.
The children sing uplifting praise songs and traditional Lutheran hymns. The children especially enjoy the songs with motions and movement.
Each class shares a weekly Bible memory verse or a song with the rest of the school. These memory exercises will be held in the hearts and on the minds of our students for years to come.
As our program has developed we have realized the importance of the children being involved in the worship process not only as learners but also as leaders. The sixth graders lead the weekly prayers and the Psalm readings. Several classes have occasionally performed a short skit to go with the weekly theme.
All of our teachers give of themselves and offer the weekly message several times a year. We also have many fabulous guest speakers who come and share the Gospel message.
We collect a monthly offering to help others in need. Over the last year we have helped collect money, food, clothing, and toys for many different organizations. This year so far we have helped to support the Autism Foundation of Nevada, Lutheran Social Services, Operation Christmas Child, Lutheran Braile Ministries, First Choice Pregnancy Center, and Smile Train.
Our chapel program is run by Mrs. Hines, our principal and Mrs. Wandel, our first grade teacher. Please feel free to attend our chapel any time, all are invited and welcome! Our chapel is each Wednesday from 8:45 AM to 9:30 AM. Thanks be to God!
First Good Shepherd is proud to announce that we now have a new, clean, sharp looking uniform. All of our uniforms can now be purchased at Campus Club Uniforms. Campus Club carries all uniforms as well as all belts, socks, tights, shoes, and hair accessories that would be needed at FGS. With Campus Club your are able to shop at the local store directly with your son/daughter or use the user friendly online shopping option.